What You'll Get
- $25 for one G-Pass to see Lila Downs (up to $34.75 value)
- When: Thursday, September 10 at 9 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues Houston
- General admission standing room only
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Click here to view the venue layout.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- Lila Downs is: the Oaxaca-born singer who won three Grammys for her songs in Spanish, English, and numerous indigenous languages
- The inspiration for her music: a youth split between Mexico and the United States listening to jazz standards; Woody Guthrie ballads; and the winsome rancheras of her mother, a cabaret singer of Mixtec descent
- Her voice: warm, smoky, and surprisingly strong, like a cup of bitter coffee right when you need it
- Her most recent Grammy: Best Regional Mexican Music Album in 2012 for Pecados y Milagros, praised by the New York Times for “a thrilling, chameleonic voice at its center: one that can go for playfulness, operatic bravura or tearful, heart-on-sleeve melodrama”
- Her most-recent album: 2014’s Raíz, a collaboration between herself, Niña Pastori, and Soledad
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 10, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA accommodations, call box office immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.