What You'll Get
Musicians only smash their guitars once they've made it big and are ready to free the genie that taught them to solo. Witness the magic with this GrouponLive deal.
- C$34 for one ticket to see Liona Boyd with a special performance by the Senior Girls Durham Choir (up to C$58 value)
- When: Saturday, May 3, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Regent Theatre
- Seating: best available
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the seating chart.
- Known better as: "The First Lady of the Guitar"
- How she earned that nickname: by performing classical guitar pieces in non-traditional settings
- Such as: in front of kings, queens, presidents, and prime ministers, as well as a private concert for the jurors of the O.J. Simpson trial, at Judge Ito's request
- Her awards: five Junos, five "Best Classical Guitarist" awards from the readers poll of Guitar Player magazine, one Golden Globe for best score, one Vanier Award, the Order of Canada and the Order of Ontario, and one Best Liona award from her mom
- Recent obstacle: she was diagnosed with focal dystonia in 2003, a nerve disorder that afflicts musicians by hindering their fine motor skills
- How she dealt with it: By changing things up. She began singing over her music, in addition to playing with a pick.
- The outcome: by changing her habits, she was able to overcome the disorder, and now boasts a whole new set of musical skills to supplement her old ones
- Her latest album: The Return... To Canada With Love, which pays tribute to her home country
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 3, 2014. Limit 4 per person. Redeem on 5/3 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at The Regent Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects The Regent Theatre's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.