What You'll Get
- Two tickets to one day of the Litchfield Jazz Festival and two beers
- When: Friday, August 8, at 5:45 p.m., Saturday, August 9, at noon or Sunday, August 10, at noon
- Where: The Goshen Fairgrounds
- Door: 5 p.m. on Friday and 11 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $65 for lawn seating (up to $92 value)
- $111 for tent seating (up to $170 value)
Kids 12 and younger receive free admission to the lawn.
An Instrumental Guide to the Litchfield Jazz Festival
- The Piano: Cyrus Chestnut—whom Time Magazine labeled the “best jazz pianist of his generation”— gets the whole joint jumping as he makes his fourth appearance at Litchfield with his airtight trio (Friday)
- The Voice: Cécile McLorin Salvant, praised by legendary jazz trumpeter Wynton Marsalis for her “range, insight, intelligence, depth and grace” (Friday)
- The Trombone: Curtis Fuller, a virtuoso with a jaw-dropping resume that includes being one of Art Blakey’s Jazz Messengers, formerly playing in Dizzy Gillespie’s band, touring with Count Basie, and collaborating with Miles Davis and John Coltrane (Saturday)
- The Saxophone: Kirk Whalum, most famous for being Whitney Houston’s long-time saxman; he’s behind that sweeping solo in “I Will Always Love You.” He’s also been nominated for 12 Grammys, and has received two Stellar Awards, Gospel music’s highest honor. (Saturday)
- The Guitar: Mike Stern, a Grammy winner and former member of Blood, Sweat, and Tears (Sunday)
- Everything but the Kitchen Sink: The Litchfield Jazz Orchestra, who make their debut with an ambitious salute to Django Reinhardt. Conducted by bassist/composer Mario Pavone, the ensemble will explore Italian, Portuguese and Polish front-stoop music with Reinhardt’s “Street Songs: The Accordion Project” (Sunday)
- Click to view the full line-up
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Limit 4 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting day of event for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Goshen Fairgrounds. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Litchfield Jazz Festival's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.