What You'll Get
- $8 for one ticket to see Roadkill Ghost Choir and The Eastern Sea (up to $16.33 value)
- When: Sunday, September 28, at 8 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues Dallas
- General admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
- Click to view the venue layout
Roadkill Ghost Choir
- Their sound: the swampy jangle of Tom Petty meets the ethereal spaciness of Radiohead, all delivered with the the arena-rock readiness of My Morning Jacket
- Their lyrics: Cormac McCarthy-esque tales of drifters, desperation, and saints
- Songs whose titles alone represent those themes: “Beggars’ Guild,” “In the Lion’s Mouth,” “Lazarus, You’ve Been Dreaming”
- Places the Roadkill Ghost Choir has haunted: Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo, SXSW, the Late Show with David Letterman
- What Rolling Stone said about their latest album, 2014’s In Tongues: “a road-hardened weariness now permeates their Americana”
The Eastern Sea
- Their sound: Broken Social Scene’s everything-but-the-kitchen-sink ballast meets the fearlessly melancholy narrative of the Mountain Goats
- Their lyrics: long-form poems that bear the influence of Wells Tower and Chilean novelist Roberto Bolaño while carrying the potency of a good short story
- Songs whose titles alone sound like short stories: “The Night,” “The Snow,” and “Central Cemetery”
- What Popmatters.com said of the band’s latest album, Plague: “This is an incredible record from a band that’s way ahead of the bell curve. Sit up, listen and pay attention.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 28, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem 9/28 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at House of Blues Dallas. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Live Nation's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.