What You'll Get
- $14 for one ticket to see Chris Knight & Jason Boland (up to $27.58 value)
- When: Friday, November 21, at 8 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues Dallas
- General admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the venue layout
- Who Chris Knight is: a prolific singer-songwriter from a little mining town
- How Confederate Railroad and Randy Travis know him: as the visionary behind some of their hits, including CR’s “I Don’t Want to Hang Out With Me” and Travis’s “Highway Junkie”
- How Edinburgh News describes his songwriting style: as “four-minute novels, mainly about his native Kentucky upbringing and characters he knew”
- Why it seems they were on the right track: Knight himself described his songwriting style to Americana Roots similarly—”I write songs like I would write books if I was a novelist”
- Some of those those songs: “In the Mean Time,” “Cry Lonely,” “The Jealous Kind”
- What Jason Boland trades in: socially conscious songs reminiscent of populist anthems by Merle Haggard and Bob Childers
- In other words: Red Dirt country with brains
- His self-proclaimed motivation, as stated on his band’s website: “I’m not ready to give up on the idea that country music can be relevant.”
- Speaking of his band: they’re called The Stragglers
- What they do: weave steel guitar, fiddle, and mandolin with Boland’s twang-filled vocals on songs from their seven albums, including 2013’s Dark and Dirty Mile
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 21, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on 11/21 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at House of Blues Dallas. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Live Nation's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.