- $14.75 for one G-Pass ticket to The Original Wailers (up to $29.50 value)
- When: Wednesday, June 17, at 8:30 p.m
- Where: House of Blues San Diego
- General admission standing
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
The Original Wailers
- Are The Wailers and The Original Wailers the same band?: Not exactly. The Wailers were Bob Marley’s old band with Bunny Livingston and Peter Tosh. After their breakup, Marley continued on with Bob Marley and The Wailers, which morphed into The Wailers Band after his passing. The Original Wailers formed in 2008 with Marley’s former lead guitarist Al Anderson and The Wailers Band’s Junior Marvin.
- Where you’ve heard Al Anderson’s guitar: On “No Woman, No Cry” and in concerts with James Brown, Stevie Wonder, The Rolling Stones, and Ben Harper. It also whimpers if Anderson leaves it alone for too long.
- Other members of The Original Wailers: lead vocalist Desi Hyson, keyboardist Marty Batista, bassist Steve Samuels, drummer Francis “Paapa” Nyarkoh, and backing vocalist Erica Newell
- High-profile honors: The 2012 EP Miracle received a Grammy nomination for Best Reggae Album.
- Songs you might hear in concert: “Blackbird,” “Justice,” “Our Day Will Come”