What You'll Get
- $15 for one ticket to Soul Asylum and Meat Puppets (up to $36 value)
- When: Tuesday, July 21, at 8 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues Anaheim
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ages 18+ with valid ID
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
Soul Asylum and Meat Puppets
- The legacy of Soul Asylum: forged in the fires of Minneapolis in 1981, the band went triple platinum with their 1993 album Grave Diggers Union, and came around full circle with their 2012 release Delayed Reaction
- How AllMusic.com’s Mark Deming described that album: “their best in ages.”
- Their sound in a nutshell: an ocean of rough yet infectious guitar riffs propelled by the rust-bucket vocals of Dave Pirner
- Proof of Pirner’s Minneapolis cred: that’s him on the live-recorded opening of The Replacements EP Stink, yelling at police offers who are breaking up a party
- What you might hear in the show: new tracks such as “Let’s All Kill Each Other” and “Into the Light” along with the eminently hummable “Runaway Train”
- The Meat Puppets in our words: sneering punk and country rock that resembles an amalgamation of ZZ Top, Neil Young, and Hüsker Dü
- The Meat Puppets in their words: “real blown-out folk music,” which frontman Curt Kirkwoood said about their latest album, Rat Farm
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 22, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Redeem on 7/21 for a ticket at venue will call. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Live Nation's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.