- $28 for one G-Pass to Toad the Wet Sprocket and Smash Mouth, with a skip-the-line pass (up to $56.37 value)
- When: Saturday, July 25, at 8 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues Dallas
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
Toad the Wet Sprocket
- Where the folk-pop band got that name: from a fictitious band in a Monty Python sketch
- How you got to know them: through their contemplative hits “All I Want” and “Walk on the Ocean” from 1991’s fear
- How you got to know them even better: from singing along to the infectious “Something’s Always Wrong” from their fourth album, Dulcinea
- Their sound: socially-conscious lyrics; songs about nostalgia and love; lead singer Glen Phillips’ emotive tenor
- Why they should win the award for Friendliest Band Breakup Ever: even during their 10-year hiatus, the members continued working together in one-off projects, with sporadic reunions here and there
- Their latest project: New Constellation, an album that was funded through Kickstarter
- The Smash Mouth Sound: the template of ’90s alternative party rock, where contemporary pop and ’60s garage rock melodies pogo with ska and surf-punk riffs
- “Walkin’ on the Sun”: the breakthrough 1997 #1 hit that defines the group’s modern-retro leanings, and something you shouldn’t do in open-toed sandals
- “All Star”: the 1999 anthem that landed on the charts across the world, earned the band a Grammy nomination, and inspired a little underdog named Shrek
- The Covers: the Monkees’ “I’m a Believer,” War’s “Why Can’t We Be Friends?,” and Simple Minds’ “Don’t You (Forget About Me)” are amongst the many classic rock nuggets to receive a Smash Mouth overhaul
- The Buzz: according to singer Steve Harwell, “We’re super excited to hit the road this summer with the guys from Tonic! Get ready because as you know Smash Mouth will be bringing the party!”