- One ticket to see Badfish – A Tribute to Sublime or Silverstein
- Where: House of Blues San Diego
- General-admission standing
- Ages 21+ with ID for Badfish
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $14.75 to see Badfish – A Tribute to Sublime - “40 OZ to Freedom” Tour on Friday, January 30, at 8 p.m. (up to $29.50 value). Doors open at 7 p.m.
- $11.50 to see Silverstein with Beartooth, Hands Like Houses, Major League & My Iron Lung on Saturday, January 31, at 6:30 p.m. (up to $23 value). Doors open at 6 p.m.
Badfish — A Tribute to Sublime
- How long they’ve carried the Sublime torch: since 1996
- What puts them head and shoulders above other Sublime tribute acts: besides mastering the good-time essence, upstroke guitar, and copious genre-bending, they’ve developed an arena-filling fanbase of their own
- Other things they’ve got that tribute bands rarely get: press from Spin and Rolling Stone, who heralded them as “one of the most successful tribute bands out there.”
- How the real Sublime would feel about Badfish: They’d probably love them, considering that Sublime’s drummer Bud Gaugh is a fan. His band Del Mar has even opened for Badfish.
- Their Sound: raw vocals, propulsive drums, and punk-poppy guitars with plenty of overdrive
- For Fans Of: My Chemical Romance, or Shel Silverstein—the author is the band’s namesake
- Where to Begin: “Smile in Your Sleep,” a single off their celebrated sophomore album Discovering the Waterfront