What You'll Get
- $17.50 for one ticket to see Lila Downs (up to $47.60 value)
- When: Monday, August 11, at 8:30 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues Chicago
- Section: general admission standing
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the venue layout.
- Lila Downs is: the Oaxaca-born singer who won three Grammys for her songs in Spanish, English, and numerous indigenous languages
- The inspiration for her music: a youth split between Mexico and the United States listening to jazz standards; Woody Guthrie ballads; and the winsome rancheras of her mother, a cabaret singer of Mixtec descent
- Her voice: warm, smoky, and surprisingly strong, like a cup of bitter coffee right when you need it
- Her most recent Grammy: Best Regional Mexican Music Album in 2012 for Pecados y Milagros, praised by the New York Times for “a thrilling, chameleonic voice at its center: one that can go for playfulness, operatic bravura or tearful, heart-on-sleeve melodrama”
- Her most-recent album: 2014’s Raíz, a collaboration between herself, Niña Pastori, and Soledad
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 11, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 8/11 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at House of Blues Chicago. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Live Nation's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Must be 17 or older. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.