- $9 for one ticket to see The Boogie Knights and The Spazmatics (up to $19 value)
- When: Friday, August 15, at 9 p.m.
- Where: House of Blues Sunset Strip
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ages 18+
- Ticket values include all fees.
- The band: four ace musicians with a license to goof, all dressed in the loudest fashions of the ’70s
- Artists they cover: The Bee Gees, KC & The Sunshine Band, Donna Summer, Rick James, Kool and the Gang—if it’s a dance floor classic, it’s on the list
- Origin story: the band formed as a joke on Halloween of 1992
- The punchline: more than two decades later, they’ve performed for more than 2 million fans, appeared on MTV, and are considered one of the top disco party bands on the live circuit
- What to wear: polyester that breathes, a wig, platform shoes, bell bottoms
What not to wear: a business suit, movement-restricting plate armor
- Who The Spazmatics are: neo-maxi-zoom dweebs
- Their swagger: befitting jock bands who shove bands like The Spazmatics in lockers
- Their look: taped-up glasses, suspenders, ties, pocket protectors, horn-rimmed glasses, and a neck brace
- Their setlist: a look back to the glory days of new wave and early MTV, featuring Devo, The Buggles, A-Ha, Oingo Boingo, and The Go-Gos
- Their live experience: like being in Revenge of the Nerds when the nerds win the talent show
- Stars they’ve rocked with: Kid Rock, Avril Lavigne, Bobby Brown, Jessica Simpson