What You'll Get
- $8 for one ticket to Local H (up to $15.80 value)
- When: Wednesday, November 26, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Mojoes
- General admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- You first met them: in 1996, when the band exploded across MTV and the alternative-rock charts with the single “Bound for the Floor”
- What made that hit so special: besides the infectiously choppy riff, it’s the best use of the word “copacetic” in a song since Barry Manilow’s “Copaceticabana”
- Since that breakthrough: the band has continued to crank out catchy albums with fetching titles such as Pack Up the Cats and Hallelujah! I’m A Bum, all while achieving elder-statesman status in the Chicago music scene
- Where else Chicago music fans have seen lead singer/guitarist Scott Lucas: heading the indie-folk group Scott Lucas and the Married Men, as well as moonlighting in the electronica act The Prairie Cartel
- Get there early for: Chicago’s The Dead Hands, who recently won WGN’s Breakthrough Band contest, and emerging Windy-City trio My Magic Shoes
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 26, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 11/26 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Mojoes. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Mojoes' current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
With two stories, four bars, a massive soundboard, and 12,600 square feet of room for music to roam, the entertainment complex of Mojoes polishes sonic heirlooms and gives fans breathing room for full-lunged sing-alongs. Polished hardwood floors accentuate a cozy, couch-laden lounge area—a decided class that extends to the concert area in the form of a giant chandelier hanging overhead.