- One ticket to see Little Shop of Horrors
- When: October 30–November 2
- Where: Madison Street Theatre
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $19 for general admission (up to $30 value); choose a showtime upon purchase
- $22 for VIP admission on Friday, October 31, which includes admission to a Halloween Harvest Party with games, trick-or-treating, and a costume contest at 6 p.m. (up to $35 value)
Little Shop of Horrors
When mild-mannered flower-shop employee Seymour Krelborn discovers a small venus-flytrap-like plant during a solar eclipse, it’s no surprise that he becomes fascinated by it. As consumed by unrequited love as he is, it’s also hardly a surprise that he names it “Audrey II,” after his coworker and infatuation. Surprise comes, though, when it quickly becomes apparent that Audrey II hungers for a fertilizer more macabre than manure: human blood. Suckling at Seymour’s pricked finger, the plant grows larger everyday, eventually demanding more than just a few drops of plasma. Audrey II convinces a reluctant Seymour to only feed it terrible people who, according to the plant, “deserve to die.” This happens to include Audrey’s sadistic dentist boyfriend, Orin Scrivello. But as the corpses pile up and Seymour deals with the ethically questionable source of his fame and newfound romance with the human Audrey, he must decide whether he should take a stand or continue to nurture the plant’s hunger and ominous ambitions.
Director Lanita Joseph has updated the classic musical with a diverse cast and fresh choreography to complement the show’s jubilant R&B score, swinging early-‘60s costumes, and lavish set designs. Performance group Local Motions draws much of its talent from the surrounding community through its youth arts programming.