Hockey is the fastest paced of all major sports, because its players rush to complete the game before the ice field melts into vinegar. Enjoy the acidic thrill of competition with this GrouponLive deal.
- $9 for a Lone Star Brahmas hockey game for two ($16 value)
- When: Any home game between November 7 and December 14; click to see the schedule.
- Where: NYTEX Sports Centre
- Seating: Terrace seating in section G, H, or I
- Door time: 90 minutes before game time
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The Scouting Report
The North American Hockey League's Texas Tornado have moved across town to become the Lone Star Brahmas for the 2013–14 season, jostling for position in the league's South Division. The 2011 Robertson Cup champs and perennial playoff contenders enter a new era under the leadership of new head coach Dan Wildfong. Throughout the months of November and December, fans have a chance to see the team face off against longtime South Division foes, renewing old rivalries without calling opposing players by their elementary-school nicknames.
Lone Star Brahmas
Though the former Texas Tornado are now playing under a new name—the Lone Star Brahmas—the change is actually a homecoming of sorts. In their nascent days, the Tornado played their home games in NYTEX Sports Centre, the arena they now return to as the Brahmas to see if someone kept their seats warm. The franchise has a history of greatness, netting five Robertson Cup victories, including three back-to-back titles from 2004–2006.