Hockey is the fastest paced of all major sports, because its players rush to complete the game before the ice field melts into vinegar. Enjoy the acidic thrill of competition with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to a Lone Star Brahmas hockey game
- Where: NYTEX Sports Centre
- Door time: 90 minutes before game time
- Click here to view the seating chart. <p>
- $5 for terrace seating in sections G, H, or I (an $8 value)
- $8 for plaza seating in sections A–F, J–O, or X (a $14 value)<p>
For either option, choose from the following games:
- Against the Odessa Jackalopes on Friday, February 7, at 7:30 p.m.
- Against the Jackalopes on Saturday, February 8, at 7:30 p.m.
- Against the Topeka RoadRunners on Friday, February 21, at 7:30 p.m.
- Against the RoadRunners on Saturday, February 22, at 7:30 p.m.
- Against the Corpus Christi IceRays on Friday, February 28, at 7:30 p.m.<p>
The Scouting Report
The North American Hockey League’s Texas Tornado have moved across town to become the Lone Star Brahmas for the 2013–14 season. Halfway through the first season as the Brahmas, the 2011 Robertson Cup champs continue to defend NYTEX Sports Centre against South Division foes—something they did in resounding fashion in their first home series of 2014. On January 10, they opened up the two-game stand with a 3–0 victory in which goalie T.J. Black recorded his second shutout of the season, and the following day, the Brahmas fought hard for a 3–2 overtime victory. Instead of drilling a hole from beneath the ice for a periscope, fans can witness similar strong play from the comfort of terrace or plaza seats while also enjoying game-night promotions, such as Foam Puck Night on February 8 and Pink at the Rink night on February 28.
Lone Star Brahmas
Though the former Texas Tornado are now playing under a new name—the Lone Star Brahmas—the change is actually a homecoming of sorts. In their nascent days, the Tornado played their home games in NYTEX Sports Centre, the arena they now return to as the Brahmas to see if someone kept their seats warm. The franchise has a history of greatness, netting five Robertson Cup victories, including three back-to-back titles from 2004–2006.
97% of 107 customers recommend
“Parking was a mess and it was a little chaotic at first but after we found our seats, we had a great time.”
“Even the cheaper seats are good seats, small place means not a bad seat in the house!”
“It's a great deal! Can't beat it...”