- $29 for one ticket to see Lord, Help My Poor Soul – An Evening with Edgar Allan Poe (up to $65 value)
- When: Saturday, October 25, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Sturges Center for the Fine Arts
- Seating: general admission to the orchestra section
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
Lord, Help My Poor Soul - An Evening with Edgar Allan Poe
The characters in “The Tell-Tale Heart,” “The Cask of Amontillado,” and “The Fall of the House of Usher” battle darkness and destruction, clawing—sometimes literally—at the walls separating them from a life in the light. It’s no wonder then that their creator struggled with demons, too. In Lord, Help My Poor Soul, Poe’s life and literature breathe again thanks to actor Travis Rhett Wilson and writer/director John Lynd. The pair unpacks surprising anecdotes from the author’s few and complex years—but it’s the writing that takes center stage, with Wilson shaking audiences’ constitutions with classics such as “The Raven,” “Annabelle Lee,” and “Horton Hears a Who Clawing at His Door.”