Going to a basketball game lets fans feel the excitement and hear the pleas for quiet from the family living underneath the bleachers. Root for the home team with this GrouponLive deal to see the Los Angeles Sparks play during their 16th WNBA season. Choose between the following seating options at the Staples Center:
- For $12, you get one ticket for lower-level seating in sections 104–108 or 114–117 (up to a $31 value, including all fees).
- For $27, you get one ticket for red-section center-court seating (up to a $63.25 value, including all fees).<p>
For either seating option, choose from the following games:
- The home opener against the Seattle Storm on Tuesday, May 22, at 7:30 p.m.
- Against the Tulsa Shock on Tuesday, May 29, at 7:30 p.m. Date subject to change.
- Against the Phoenix Mercury on Friday, June 8, at 8 p.m.<p>
In a familiar flurry of purple and gold, two-time WNBA champions the Sparks light the fuse on their 16th campaign during a trio of early-season Western Conference clashes. After missing the playoffs a year ago for only the second time since 1998, the team reloaded its roster over the course of the offseason by taking on 25-year coaching veteran Carol Ross and drafting forward Nneka Ogwumike first overall in April’s draft. Ogwumike—who led the Stanford Cardinal to four consecutive Final Four appearances—lands in Staples Center on May 22, when she’ll aim for nothing-but-net shots to rattle any remaining butterflies from her belly.
2008 MVP and Rookie of the Year Candace Parker joins forces with Ogwumike in an effort to shut down opposing stars, who include Phoenix Mercury prodigy Diana Taurasi, named one of the 15 greatest players in WNBA history. During breaks in the action, fans can check out the Staples Center’s dizzying lineup of concessions options or feel the legendary static electricity generated by Sparky the mascot.
Downtown Los Angeles
1111 S Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, California 90015Get Directions