- Two tickets to see the Los Angeles Sparks take on the Seattle Storm
- When: Friday, August 15, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: STAPLES Center
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- $20 for blue-section seating (a $40 value)
- $37 for green-section seating (a $74.50 value)
- $49 for yellow-section seating (a $96.50 value)
- $75 for red-section seating (a $151.50 value)
The Scouting Report
The Los Angeles Sparks and Seattle Storm have played each other four times during the 2014 season—and the Sparks have won every game. In their most recent match-up with the Storm on July 26, the Sparks soared to a 77-69 victory behind the stellar play of Candace Parker. The reigning 2013 league MVP has once again posted phenomenal numbers, and her 20 points-per-game leads the team. On August 15, Parker and her teammates will take to the court one last time before the STAPLES Center’s baskets get chopped down and seeds are planted for new ones to sprout in 2015.
Los Angeles Sparks
When the Los Angeles Sparks tipped off for the first time on June 21, 1997, they didn’t just signal the start of a new franchise—they signaled the start of a completely new league. Ever since that historic moment against the New York Liberty, the Sparks have been the class of the WNBA, filling their trophy case with MVP awards, coaching trophies, and those little gold stars that are given to playoff teams.
In 2001, the Sparks had an especially banner season. That year, they became the league’s first team to go undefeated at home, and they won the franchise’s first championship, securing an all-Los Angeles sweep of professional basketball titles. The accolades kept coming in 2011, when the WNBA included four Sparks players on its roster of “Top 15 Players of All Time.”