All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- C$25 for two tickets to a one-act play (up to C$50 value)
- When: select dates, February 2–May 9
- Showtimes: Monday-Saturday at 12:10pm, Thursday-Friday at 6:10pm
- Where: Lunchbox Theatre
- General admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click to view the calendar
- This deal is valid for the first week of performances for any of the below shows
- Speed Dating for Sperm Donors (February 2–7): Based on Natalie Meisner’s personal journey—a story captured in her acclaimed book Double Pregnant—this poignant comedy follows Helen and her partner Paige as they search for the ideal man to father their kids-to-be.
- Ivanka Chews the Fat (March 9–14): Jo-Ann Waytowich’s outrageous pseudo Eastern European character—a Lunchbox standard—returns to try her very determined hands at motivational speaking. Ivanka uses song, dance, and story to inspire her fans to embark on a “10-point personal tune-up,” tackling everything from personal image to aging.
- A Worthy Opponent (April 6–11): The biggest rival Ivy has for Nathan’s affection is the one woman who’ll never leave: his mother. Meg Bream’s dissection of the wife/mother-in-law dynamic sees Ivy and Penelope fiercely battle for Nathan’s affections in a funny, thoughtful, and awfully close-to-home debate-style performance.
- Dads in Bondage (May 4–9): This Lunchbox classic pulls back the curtain on a trio of brand-new stay-at-home dads as they struggle to adjust to their new responsibilities and leave the office life behind. What they find: a lot more snacks and a lot less time to make paperclip necklaces.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 10, 2015. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required. Redeem day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Lunchbox Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Lunchbox Theatre's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For disability seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Valid for select dates only. Valid only for first-week performances of shows. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Lunchbox Theatre
Moving into its 44th season, Lunchbox Theatre is the only surviving lunchtime theatre in North America. The company delivers unique performances in an intimate and comfortable atmosphere, while mindfully crafting a rich and complex experience that addresses socially relevant issues in an hour-long format. Lunchbox Theatre focuses on the development and production of original one-act plays; many of which are written by local Calgarians. There are six plays produced in a season, along with the Stage One Festival of New Work and the RBC Emerging Director's Showcase.