Laughter can make your sides ache, a sensation produced by the sudden draining of the despair reservoirs under your ribs. Feel a pleasant pain with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to a standup comedy show
- When: select shows through Thursday, October 31
- Where: performances are held at various locations. See the schedule for specific venues.
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes prior to showtime.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view a schedule of upcoming acts.<p>
- $10 for two tickets to a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Sunday show (up to a $20 value)
- $15 for two tickets to a Thursday show (up to a $30 value)<p>
Brian Parise (October)
Jeff Maurer (October)
**Other LYGO Performing Acts**
First things first: the letters stand for "Laugh Your Grits Off." Second things first: the name springs from LYGO's early beginnings, when the group hosted Sunday brunch comedy shows. The combination of food, mimosas, and some of the city's best up-and-coming comedians caught on, and soon the company was organizing post-breakfast standup shows throughout the city. But while their menu may have expanded, the goals of LYGO remain the same: to bring comedy to a wider DC audience, promote a greater sense of community amongst comedians, and to provide performers an opportunity to launch and build on their careers, both in and out of the city.