- $62 for two tickets to see Lynyrd Skynyrd, Randy Rogers, and Whiskey Myers (up to $124 value)
- When: Saturday, August 23, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Sam Houston Race Park on the Bud Light Stage
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 5 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
- Click to view the venue layout
- Lynyrd Skynyrd’s genre: Southern rock
- Their best-known hits: “Sweet Home Alabama,” “Free Bird,” “That Smell”
- Most recent album: Last of a Dyin’ Breed
- Core members: Johnny Van Zant, Gary Rossington, Rickey Medlocke
- New bassist: Black Crowes’s Johnny Colt
- Also performing: The Randy Rogers Band and Whiskey Myers
Sam Houston Race Park
Sam Houston Race Park’s multifunctional grounds crawl with up to 30,000 spectators reveling amid horseraces, concerts, and private events. Quarter Horses, Thoroughbreds, and Arabians kick up dust as jockeys maneuver them around the course, cheered on by race fans placing bets based on their stats, the weather, and the size of the horse’s toupee. Spectators can also watch and wager on races outside the park’s grounds, as monitors air simulcasts of the big races, including the Arlington Classic Stakes and Los Angeles Handicap. In two restaurants under the supervision of executive chef Hugo Gomez, the racetrack treats guests to panoramic views of the competition as they dine on seafood, gourmet pastas, and brunch fare. Guests may also entertain from 15 up to 100 friends, employees, or colleagues in luxury suites equipped with a private bar and an in-room centaur butler.