- $10.50 for one ticket to the DICK’S Sporting Goods High School Basketball Boys & Girls Championships ($20 value)
- When: Saturday, April 4; the girls’ championship game begins at 10 a.m., followed by the boys’ game at noon
- Where: Madison Square Garden
- Seating: Lower Bowl (100 Level)
- Door time: 9:30 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
DICK’S Sporting Goods High School Basketball Boys & Girls Championship
For the second year in a row, the annual DICK’S Sporting Goods high-school basketball tournament graces the iconic hardwood at Madison Square Garden. This Saturday, the three-day, single-elimination gauntlet draws to a close as both the girls’ and boys’ games decide which teams earn the title of national champs and, with it, the privilege to chew gum during class for a year. The event has punctuated the high school hoops season every year since 2009, when it was created as a platform for the country’s best squads to compete against each other.
Each of the eight teams in this year’s boy’s bracket is ranked in the USA Today Super 25 national rankings, headlined by the tournament’s two-time defending champion, Montverde Academy from Florida. To reach Saturday’s title game, though, Montverde will have to fight through a field of state champions, including Greensboro Day School in the first round. The girl’s side features a two-time defending champion, too, in Riverdale Baptist from Maryland. ESPN will cover both championship games on Saturday, broadcasting every clutch shot to a national audience, but only live spectators can be there to join the crowd and shout sensible life advice from the stands.