The theater encourages one to get out of the house and see something new, rather than just sit around watching the TV or the circus that refuses to decamp from the backyard. Break entertainment routines with this GrouponLive deal to Madison Theatre at Molloy College in Rockville Centre. Choose from the following options:
- For $32, you get one ticket for front-orchestra seating to My Life with Men and Other Animals (a $65 value) on Friday, March 9, or Saturday, March 10, at 8 p.m.<p>
- For $17, you get one ticket for mezzanine seating to see the John Pizzarelli Trio with Jessica Molaskey on Monday, March 5, at 8 p.m. (a $35 value).<p>
- For $12, you get one adult ticket for front-orchestra seating to ImaginOcean on Sunday, March 11, at 4 p.m. (a $25 value).<p>
- For $7, you get one kid’s ticket for front-orchestra seating to ImaginOcean on Sunday, March 11, at 4 p.m. (a $15 value).<p>
- For $17, you get one ticket for front-orchestra seating to ETHEL on Saturday, March 24, at 8 p.m. (a $35 value).<p>
- For $32, you get one ticket for front-orchestra seating to Rachel and Julio (a $65 value). Choose from the following shows:
- Thursday, April 12, at 8 p.m.
- Friday, April 13, at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, April 14, at 2 p.m. or 8 p.m.
- Sunday, April 15, at 3 p.m.<p>
Situated on Molloy College’s campus, the 550-seat Madison Theatre welcomes a diverse lineup of entertainment to its stage in 2012, from music education and string quartets to cabaret acts and plays. The Teaching Artists Ensemble of the New York Philharmonic draws kids into an afternoon of interactive music-making with fun woodwind and percussion instruments during Kaleidoscope. Earlier in the month, John Pizzarelli weaves his crooning pipes with the crystalline vocals of his wife, Broadway songstress Jessica Molaskey, all while trading jazz guitar licks with his father, the renowned jazz ax man Bucky Pizzarelli. As the John Pizzarelli Trio, they nourish ears like a turducken of sound during a set of original compositions and bebop-infused standards from the Great American Songbook. At the end of April, ETHEL skewers the audience’s perception of the classic string quartet through rapid improvisation and unorthodox amplification of their instruments, a practice they’ve employed while recording with rock greats such as Todd Rundgren and David Byrne.
My Life With Men and Other Animals satisfies theater fans with the one-woman autobiographical tale of actress Maria Cassi. Enthralling audiences with her classical mime skills and mimicry, Cassi proffers bittersweet stories of foolish romance, coming to terms with death, and examining her Italian heritage. The dramatics continue with Rachel and Julio, a twist on the classic tale of star-crossed lovers. Taking place in Brooklyn, the touching romantic comedy follows the titular duo—one the privileged daughter of a factory owner and the other a new immigrant working for him—as they struggle through a difficult summer of romance and their reunion decades later. All of this season’s acts take place amid the theater’s floating wood panels, designed to sharpen acoustics and commemorate the family of beavers that helped shape the stage.
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, New York 11571
516-678-5000 x7715Get Directions