The theater encourages one to get out of the house and see something new, rather than just sit around watching the TV or the circus that refuses to decamp from the backyard. Break entertainment routines with this GrouponLive deal to Madison Theatre at Molloy College in Rockville Centre. All tickets are for general-admission mezzanine seating. Choose from the following options:
- For $19, you get one ticket to see Rachel and Julio (a $45 value, including all fees). Groupon customers may attend one of the following shows:
- Thursday, April 12, at 8 p.m.
- Friday, April 13, at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, April 14, at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, April 14, at 8 p.m.
Sunday, April 15, at 3 p.m.<p>
- For $10, you get one ticket to see Ittai Shapira and The Knights on Friday, April 20, at 8 p.m. (a $25 value, including all fees).
- For $10, you get one ticket to see Dick Hyman on Friday, April 27, at 8 p.m. (a $25 value, including all fees)<p>
Rachel and Julio twists the classic tale of star-crossed lovers. Taking place in Brooklyn, the touching romantic comedy follows the titular duo—one the privileged daughter of a factory owner and the other a new immigrant working for him—as they struggle through a difficult summer of romance and their reunion decades later.
For a musical world premiere, The Knights orchestra welcomes acclaimed violinist Ittai Shapira into its instrument-tickling ranks. Also a composer, Shapira leads the orchestra in the first performance of his original composition The Old Man and the Sea, inspired by both the 70th anniversary of the Hemingway classic and a neighborhood man who goes fishing in his backyard pool every morning.
The following week, the masterful pianist and jazz icon Dick Hyman performs. Hyman’s career has spanned decades and encompassed several facets of the music industry, as he has written compositions played by the Shanghai Orchestra and pioneered early recordings on new synthesizers. Hyman has also worked on the soundtracks to several Woody Allen films, including Bullets Over Broadway, Mighty Aphrodite, and Cheers.
Situated on Molloy College’s campus, the 550-seat Madison Theatre welcomes a diverse lineup of entertainment to its stage, from music education and string quartets to cabaret acts and plays. Inside the theater, floating wood panels frame the space, sharpening the acoustics and commemorating the family of beavers that helped shape the stage.
1000 Hempstead Ave.
Rockville Centre, New York 11571
516-678-5000 x7715Get Directions