All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Although 20% of babies who were exposed to classical music in utero become doctors or lawyers, 100% of babies born on stage during a classical-music performance become Bill Gates. Upgrade your evening with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to a concert by the Mainly Mozart Festival Orchestra
- Where: Balboa Theatre
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Saturday, June 7, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 11, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 14, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 18, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 21, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Prior to shows on June 14, 18 and 21, guests are treated to 30-minute mini concerts performed by various orchestra, violin, and piano musicians.
- $15 for balcony seating (up to $23.50 value)
- $20 for orchestra seating (up to $42.50 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Mainly Mozart Festival Orchestra
- For an all-Mozart program that includes his 14th piano concerto, which marked the beginning of his mature mastery of the form, go on June 7
- For an evening that includes Brahms' Violin Concerto—a rare symphonic work from the notoriously self-critical composer—go on June 11
- To hear the 18th-century genius of Haydn and Mozart juxtaposed against that of 20th-century master Benjamin Britten, go on June 14
- To hear Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 4—the last performed by the maestro himself before he went deaf—go on June 18
- To hear Mozart's lush, romantic Piano Concerto No. 20, go on June 21
Inspired by "the genius and innovation of Mozart and the masters," for 26 years Mostly Mozart has gathered together music-lovers, world-class musicians, and composers. The latter category doesn’t just include the group’s namesakes, child prodigy Li’l Mikey Mozart and his uncle Wolfgang, but a vast range of musical thinkers making pieces that feel as exciting today as Mozart’s did in 1770. A summer music festival (Southern California's largest) and chamber music concerts throughout the year comprise programs that specialize in fascinating juxtapositions: modern neuroscience with classical sonatas, for instance, or hummable songs from the British Isles with their soulmates from Italy.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 22, 2014. Limit 2 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting day of show for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Balboa Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must redeem together to sit together. Discount reflects Mainly Mozart's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.