What You'll Get
- $125 for one exclusive pre-sale two-day pass to Mamby on the Beach featuring Passion Pit, Empire of the Sun, Phantogram, Röyksopp, James Murphy, and more
- When: Saturday, July 11–Sunday, July 12
- Where: Oakwood Beach
- General admission
- Door time: 12 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees.
- View the full lineup
Mamby on the Beach
- Passion Pit: Taking their name from an old-timey name for a drive-in theatre, the indie-tronica trio got together in college and quickly gained a following with falsetto-tinged hits such as “Sleepyhead,” “Take a Walk,” and “Carried Away.” Expect to hear these cuts as well as tracks from their latest album, Kindred.
- Empire of the Sun: The Australian duo behind electro-pop hits such as “Walking on a Dream” and “We Are the People” get glammy in a live show loaded with neon projections, armored costumes, and other elements from the band’s epic mythology.
- Phantogram: Across two albums, Josh Carter and Sarah Barthel have woven shoegaze with electronica, making for a beautifully disconcerting brand of pop that Pitchfork has praised for having “shades of Portishead crackle, Dust Brothers clutter, and even a little late-era Yeah Yeah Yeahs geek glamour.”
- Röyksopp: Lush, warm, and hypnotizing, the trip-hop of this Northern European duo has earned two Grammy nominations, seven Norwegian Spellemannprisen awards, and two songs on Pitchfork’s Top 500 Tracks of the 2000s.
- Art Department: In 2010, two veterans of Toronto’s house scene stormed the clubs with the strange, sparse, and danceable hit “Without You.” A year later, they dropped their debut album Drawing Board, a 75-minute masterpiece of stark beats and soul-seizing vocals.
- Cashmere Cat: Known for his collaborations with Ariana Grande, DJ Mustard, and Kanye West, this Norwegian DJ finds inspiration in everything from modern trap to silky mid-90s R&B. Such eclecticism earned his remix of 2 Chainz and Drake’s “No Lie” the top spot on Vice’s list of “25 Awesome Genre-Benders of 2012”.
- James Murphy: Stepping behind the decks for a special DJ set, James Murphy takes the next step in a busy post-LCD Soundsystem career that has included work on Arcade Fire’s Reflektor, remixes for a David Bowie re-release, a new song with Gorillaz and Andre 3000, and even his own espresso blend.
- Classixx: childhood friends Michael David and Tyler Blake make their blend of disco, funk, and Italian house sound distinctly modern with a bouncy, yet chilled out production style on such jams as “I’ll Get You” and “All You’re Waiting For”
- Also Appearing: Cut Copy (DJ set) | Klingande | Claptone | Matthew Dear | Felix Da Housecat | Robert Delong | Route 94 | George Fitzgerald | J. Philip | Moon Boots | Tanlines | Goldroom | Com Truise | No Regular Play | Autograf | Farley Jackmaster Funk | Toyboy and Robin
- View the full lineup
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 12, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 7/11 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at the venue. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Mamby on the Beach's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open at 12 p.m. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.