- $59 for two tickets to Manassas Ballet Theatre presents The Nutcracker (up to a $120 value)
- Where: Hylton Performing Arts Center – Merchant Hall
- Seating: orchestra section
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
- Friday, December 20, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, December 21, at 7:30 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, December 21, at 3 p.m. Doors open at 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 22, at 3 p.m. Doors open at 2:30 p.m.
- Monday, December 23, at 3 p.m. Doors open at 2:30 p.m.<p>
Manassas Ballet Theatre Presents The Nutcracker
Based on a novel by 19th-century romantic fabulist E.T.A. Hoffman, The Nutcracker weaves a magical tale of holiday adventure around one of the most recognizable scores in the ballet repertoire. It begins when young Clara receives a nutcracker from her godfather, a wizardly toymaker named Drosselmeyer. Sneaking downstairs to see the toy after everyone else has gone to bed, she suddenly finds herself caught in the middle of a pitched battle between the toys and an army of mice. After saving the nutcracker with a well-thrown shoe to the Mouse King’s head, Clara and her now-living prince venture into the Land of Snow and the Land of Sweets to celebrate. Throughout their adventures, Tchaikovsky’s dazzling inventiveness propels the dances of nimble flowers, regal fairy queens, and seasonally confused vampires. The “Waltz of the Snowflakes” floats weightlessly above the angelic voices of a youth choir, whereas the “Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy” tiptoes to the haunting, music-box chimes of a celesta. A medley of exotic national dances—including a Spanish bolero and Russian Trepak—add to the phantasmagoric celebration before the whole dream ends, as all dreams must.
On the opening night of Manassas Ballet Theatre’s production, the classic holiday ballet reaches even greater heart-warming heights with a special Salute to the Military. The orchestra will begin the evening by performing the National Anthem and the anthems of each branch of the service, all in honor of veterans and current members of the United States Armed Forces.
Manassas Ballet Theatre
Manassas Ballet Theatre's 25 full-time dancers (10 of which are male) comprise the resident ballet company of the Hylton Performing Arts Center. For its shows, the theatre utilizes live music, usually orchestra, to underscore the dancing on stage. It all combines into an experience that has delighted both The Washington Post and readers of Virginia Living, among others. The Manassas Ballet Theatre also boasts an international cast of professional dancers.