Going to a concert is an opportunity to be around a lot of people and maybe finally collect all those signatures you need to start selling fresh meat in your front yard. Be a part of something big with this GrouponLive deal.
- $12 for one ticket to see Marco V (up to a $24.22 value)
- When: Thursday, December 5, at 11 p.m.
- Where: Pacha NYC
- General admission
- Door time: 10 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Birthplace: Dutch lowlands of Heeswijk-Dinther
- Seven years: the number of times Marco has made DJ Mag's list of "Top 100 DJs"; the average lifespan of a ferret
- Claim to fame: along with Tiesto and Marche Woods, Marco spawned the sub-genre of tech-trance
- Tech-trance for rookies: slower tempos than most EDM, loud kick drums, dirty synths, and abrupt stops and starts
- Marco V dance classics that keep glo-sticks glowing: "Godd," "Indicator," "Coma Aid"
- What to expect at a Marco V show: non-stop energy, a ringmaster's verve, the feeling that a spaceship could crash-land on the dancefloor and nobody would notice
Based on the legendary Ibiza nightclub, Pacha's New York City outpost encompasses four stories of electrifying entertainment. Enter the main floor, and find yourself dazzled by an LED-encrusted DJ booth, a massive sparkling disco ball, and capacity for 1,200 humans or automatons programmed to dance. Up the grand staircase is the mezzanine, a VIP area featuring its own full-service bar and sound system. The third floor is known as the Funky Room, where performers shower in booths amid colorful decor. And on the top floor sits Pachita, the club's most exclusive hideaway, a lounge with its own DJ booth and sound-system, and room for a cozy 400.