What You'll Get
Laughter is the best medicine, though it tends to be the worst legal defense. Salute the healing art of comedy with today’s GrouponLive deal to Mardi Gras Casino in Hallandale Beach. Choose between the following options:
- For $60, you get a comedy night for two on Thursday, October 6 (up to a $130.85 total value) that includes the following:
- Two general-admission tickets to the Mardi Gras Casino Comedy Challenge Finals, headlined by Bobby Collins at 7:30 p.m. (a $50 value)
A refined continental dinner for two either before or after the show at The French Quarter (up to an $80.85 value)<p>
- For $70, you get a comedy night for two on Saturday, October 22 (up to a $160.85 total value) that includes the following:
- Two general-admission tickets to a main-event comedy show featuring Paula Poundstone at 7:30 p.m. (an $80 value)
- A refined continental dinner for two either before or after the show at The French Quarter (up to an $80.85 value)<p>
The dinner for two for both shows includes:
- A shared appetizer (up to an $8.95 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $47.90 value)
- Two glasses of wine (up to a $24 value)<p>
Mardi Gras Casino assails funny bones with performances by renowned as well as up-and-coming comics. The first Mardi Gras Casino Comedy Challenge will draw to a close on Thursday, October 6 as the six remaining finalists, culled from a pool of 40, engage in one final laugh-off. Headliner Bobby Collins charms audiences during interludes with his observational humor, acute storytelling skills, and impressions of tractors with hay fever while the contestants vie for a $5,000 grand prize. Additionally, the challenge’s winner receives the honor of opening for comedienne Paula Poundstone at her Saturday, October 22 performance. Paula wields decades of stenography and standup experience in addition to her razor-sharp wit, having appeared in her own HBO comedy special and sitting in on NPR’s Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! as one of the show’s regular panelists.
During both show options, taste buds indulge in the gustatory delights of The French Quarter, with dinner harvested from a menu of continental classics. A fried-calamari-and-zucchini appetizer (a $7.95 value) hauls a flotilla of marinara sauce and basil aioli onto plates. Main-course fare includes the 8-ounce filet mignon with pepper sauce and roasted shallots (a $23.95 value), as well as the shrimp louisiana (a $16.95 value), which sautés a kaleidoscopic garden of vegetables alongside shrimp in a spicy new orleans sauce. The French Quarter’s wine list jumps international borders more frequently than a GPS-savvy fugitive, proffering a diverse selection of ambrosias such as Relax riesling from Germany (a $6/glass value) and a Groth sauvignon blanc from the Napa Valley (a $10/glass value).
A 15% gratuity is automatically added to the check at The French Quarter.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person. Valid only for date purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at Mardi Gras Casino. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Mardi Gras Casino. Must provide first and last name at checkout, which will be provided to Mardi Gras Casino. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Must choose from dinner menu. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.