What You'll Get
- $33 for one ticket for general-admission standing, plus one drink ticket (up to $46.75 value)
Marianas Trench with special guests Skylar Stecker and Wyland
- Location of Marianas Trench: the depths of Vancouver (when they’re not touring, that is)
- Songs you might know: “All To Myself,” “Haven’t Had Enough,” “Stutter”
- Song you didn’t know you know: “Call Me Maybe,” which Marianas Trench frontman Josh Ramsay co-wrote with former tour-mates Carly Rae Jepsen and Tavish Crowe
- Song you should know: “One Love” from 2015’s Astoria, a song that Ramsay describes as “so lyrically candid I’m actually nervous; it’s like someone reading your diary.”
- Speaking of Astoria: It’s a concept album of sorts inspired by coming-of-age ’80s movies (The Goonies in particular), New Wave giants Depeche Mode and The Eurythmics, and a tumultuous period in Ramsay’s life marked by illness, heartbreak, and feverish creativity.
- A snapshot of the creative process: Ramsay and company in a Gastown apartment plastered in ’80s movie posters, dressed in leather pants and tank tops, pretending to be ’80s rockers while experimenting with vintage gear
- How the the band describes the finished product: “Unapologetically cinematic, constantly surprising and featuring lush orchestral textures that segue seamlessly into spare, but powerful songs.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 26, 2016. Limit 8/person. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Must be 21 or older for alcohol. Not valid in combination with promo codes. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.