What You'll Get
- $32 for one ticket for seating in upper level sections 17-22 (up to $63.30 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Location of Marianas Trench: the depths of Vancouver (when they’re not touring, that is)
- Songs you might know: “All To Myself,” “Haven’t Had Enough,” “Stutter”
- Song you didn’t know you know: “Call Me Maybe,” which Marianas Trench frontman Josh Ramsay co-wrote with former tour-mates Carly Rae Jepsen and Tavish Crowe
- Song you should know: “One Love” from 2015’s Astoria, a song that Ramsay describes as “so lyrically candid I’m actually nervous; it’s like someone reading your diary.”
- Speaking of Astoria: It’s a concept album of sorts inspired by coming-of-age ’80s movies (The Goonies in particular), New Wave giants Depeche Mode and The Eurythmics, and a tumultuous period in Ramsay’s life marked by illness, heartbreak, and feverish creativity.
- A snapshot of the creative process: Ramsay and company in a Gastown apartment plastered in ’80s movie posters, dressed in leather pants and tank tops, pretending to be ’80s rockers while experimenting with vintage gear
- How the the band describes the finished product: “Unapologetically cinematic, constantly surprising and featuring lush orchestral textures that segue seamlessly into spare, but powerful songs.”
- Shawn’s sound: Drop the electro-pop beats of The Weeknd in a bucket with the heart-felt lyrics of Jason Mraz and the catchy falsetto of Justin Timberlake, hammer on the top, and put it in a paint shaker.
- Where you’ve heard him: on shows such as Kyle XY, The Hills, and Good Morning America, as well as on nearly every radio thanks to his infectious chart-climbers “Million Ways” and “Sound of Your Heart”
- Where to begin: with Shawn’s breakout album, Cosmonaut and the Girl, featuring the hits “So Close” and “Every Red Light”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 18, 2016. Limit 8/person. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. Disability seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.