All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $44.50 for seating in the rear lower bowl (up to $63.45 value)
- Location of Marianas Trench: the depths of Vancouver (when they’re not touring, that is)
- Songs you might know: “All To Myself,” “Haven’t Had Enough,” “Stutter”
- Song you didn’t know you know: “Call Me Maybe,” which Marianas Trench frontman Josh Ramsay co-wrote with former tour-mates Carly Rae Jepsen and Tavish Crowe
- Song you should know: “One Love” from 2015’s Astoria, a song that Ramsay describes as “so lyrically candid I’m actually nervous; it’s like someone reading your diary.”
- Speaking of Astoria: It’s a concept album of sorts inspired by coming-of-age ’80s movies (The Goonies in particular), New Wave giants Depeche Mode and The Eurythmics, and a tumultuous period in Ramsay’s life marked by illness, heartbreak, and feverish creativity.
- A snapshot of the creative process: Ramsay and company in a Gastown apartment plastered in ’80s movie posters, dressed in leather pants and tank tops, pretending to be ’80s rockers while experimenting with vintage gear
- How the the band describes the finished product: “Unapologetically cinematic, constantly surprising and featuring lush orchestral textures that segue seamlessly into spare, but powerful songs.”
Walk Off The Earth
- When you first met them: in 2012 when their YouTube cover of Gotye’s “Somebody I Used to Know” went from viral to epidemic thanks to their innovative approach—five people playing one guitar
- When Gotye met them: the same time you did, prompting him to call the band “hilarious and brilliant”
- What happened next: they signed to a major label, a thrilling feat for a band that had been making eclectic indie music and clever videos of cover songs since 2006
- How they racked up even more fans: with their debut EP, R.E.V.O, which features the infectious, reggae-tinged single “Summer Vibe”
- Their latest: 2015’s Sing It All Away, which brims with whimsy, adventure, tightly knit harmonies, and instruments ranging from ukuleles and glockenspiels to kazoos and duct tape
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 12, 2016. Limit 8/person. Redeem on 3/12 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Live Nation's current ticket prices, which may change. Disability seating cannot be guaranteed. Contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.