- $99 for one admission to a three-hour holiday glassblowing workshop with Mark Todd
- Participants should wear closed-toe shoes and avoid flammable clothing; weather-appropriate clothing is recommended, as the studio can become cold during the winter
- Participants may also want to bring a bottle of water
- This event is for adults only
- Upon purchase, you may schedule for one of the available dates
- You must reserve your date here in advance of the event
The workshop is held at a public studio in downtown Houston.
Each event is capped at 4 purchasers.
What You’ll Do
The holidays are traditionally a time for roasting chestnuts over an open fire—but Mark Todd has something better to put in the flame. During his three-hour glassblowing workshop, he teaches students how to use a torch and kiln to craft their own hand-blown glass ornaments. At the end of the workshop, all participants walk away with a masterpiece they can proudly hang on their tree or give as a gift.
Learn Glassblowing Techniques
Mark Todd teaches you everything you need to know to safely use a torch and kiln.
Fashion Your Own Ornaments
From glass rods and tubes, forge a hand-blown holiday ornament decorated with different colors and beads.
To Mark Todd, sculpting glass is a lot like playing jazz. He improvises as he blows and shapes the molten material into different pieces of art—and he always keeps some good tunes playing while he works. His passion was honed during more than a decade of training, including studies at glassblowing studios in Brooklyn and Boston.