Reggae traditionally espouses peace and unity, unless it’s being blasted at top volume to scare all the birds out of your yard. Flock together with this GrouponLive deal.
- International Festival of Life
- When: July 4–7
- Where: Union Park
- Door time: 12 p.m. daily
- Click here to see the festival lineup.<p>
- $7 for a regular single-day pass (up to a $15 value)
- $20 for a regular four-day pass (up to a $40 value)
- $37 for a one-day VIP Platinum pass, including access to the VIP beer garden with cash bar, gift bag, VIP pavilion seating near the stage, parking, limited backstage access, and free water and snacks (up to a $75 value)
- $95 for a four-day VIP Platinum pass (up to a $190 value)
Ticket values include all fees. Tickets are regularly $5 for children ages 6–11 and free for children under 6. ####International Festival of Life
Third World performing “96 Degrees in the Shade” in 2004 * Who you know at the International Festival of Life: Third World, Inner Circle, Luciano, reggae artist Sanchez, Junior Marvin formerly of Bob Marley and the Wailers, and DJ Casper of “Cha Cha Slide” fame * Who you’ll discover: Belizean punta-rock singer Lova Boy, Leon Coldero, Jayce Walker and J.K. Connection, Rebelmann, and Indika * If the International Festival of Life were a person: It would reach drinking age this very year. * If Jamaican reggae/funk/soul/disco fusion group Third World (Thursday) were also a person: Born in 1973, it could be the festival’s cool young uncle who takes it to the neat bar where his buddies hang out. * Band whose music has been most frequently used in crimefighting efforts: Inner Circle (Saturday), whose song “Bad Boys” was the theme to reality show Cops * Most noteworthy Chicago legend at the festival: Grammy-nominated harmonica master Billy Branch, appearing with his band the Sons of Blues (Saturday) * Most noteworthy ‘70s Philadelphia soulmen and doo-wop heroes at the festival: Harold Melvin’s Blue Note (Sunday) * Number of rock and roll acts composed of teenaged siblings: One, the Chicago group Rebelmann (Friday)
1501 W Randolph St.
Chicago, IL 60607