The wonders of science are showcased through interactive experiences for people of all ages
What You'll Get
- Adventurer Annual Family Membership includes:
- Free admission for 4 people for a full year from the date of activation
- Free admission to the Davis Planetarium
- Free admission to the Crosby Ramsey Memorial Observatory
- Discounted admission to special events and the annual “Solstice” fundraiser
- Discounts at local partner organizations
- A 1-year, 4-issue subscription to Popular Science magazine
- Access to special members-only entrance for quicker entry
- Free or discounted admission at ASTC Passport–participating science centers
- Adult tickets valid for ages 13+
- Free admission for children 2 and under
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 29, 2020. Refundable only on day of purchase. Valid only for option purchased. Limit 4 vouchers per person for daily admission. Limit 1 voucher per person for adventurer annual family membership for four. Voucher must be redeemed at the Maryland Science Center by February 29, 2020. Annual membership expires 1 year after redemption date. Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.
About Maryland Science Center
Maryland Science Center spurred from an amateur scientific society that formed in the late 1700s. This society, known as the Maryland Academy of Sciences, met to discuss scientific papers on astronomy, botany, zoology, and more. When the early 20th century brought on more and more scientific and technical expansions, the Academy took on the role of educating the public about it. They designed exhibits to demonstrate these changes, which eventually developed into the Maryland Science Center. Today, the center, complete with interactive exhibits and a planetarium, remains a public resource for science and technology.
- Size: Across three levels, the facility includes 170,000 square feet of exhibits along with a planetarium and observatory.
- Eye Catcher: Full-size skeletons and casts of a fossilized T. Rex and Astrodon complete the 12-plus life-size dinosaurs on display in the open-hall Dinosaur Mysteries exhibit.
- Permanent Mainstay: Newton’s Alley showcases Sir Isaac’s principles with interactive exhibits that include creating a water vortex, touching a cloud, and seeing sound.
- Don't Miss: The year-round rooftop observatory lets astronomy enthusiasts explore the star-filled nighttime sky through a computer-controlled telescope.
- Hands-On Experiments: Visitors work together as electrical engineers in the Power Up exhibit, turning a generator to power-up various household items and maintaining an electrical grid for a whole city.