What You'll Get
Life’s miseries are never resolved by three-minute dance routines and only rarely eased through rousing ballads sung by the family dog. Put reality on pause with today’s GrouponLive deal to the regional premiere of Five Guys Named Moe at Mason Street Warehouse in Saugatuck. Seating is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis upon ticket pickup at will call. Choose from the following options:
• For $38, you get two tickets for the performance on Friday, July 22, at 8 p.m. (up to a $79.50 value)
• For $36, you get two tickets for the performance on Sunday, July 24, at 7 p.m. (up to a $73 value)
• For $36, you get two tickets for the performance on Tuesday, July 26, at 8 p.m. (up to a $73 value)
• For $36, you get two tickets for the performance on Wednesday, July 27, at 8 p.m. (up to a $73 value)
• For $36, you get two tickets for the performance on Thursday, July 28, at 8 p.m. (up to a $73 value)
Jazz legend Louis Jordan’s jazzy songs and dance numbers illuminate all corners of the Mason Street Warehouse’s stage as Five Guys Named Moe graces audiences with high-energy antics and comical buffoonery. Penned by playwright and jazz aficionado Clarke Peters, the musical centers on a down-and-out man named Nomax whose 1930s-style radio tests the wavelengths of reality when it spontaneously produces five jovial men by his bedside. These men—all named Moe in accordance with single-frequency radio customs—set about cajoling and comforting Nomax with the assistance of hilarious and high-energy musical routines. An ode to the compositional transcendence of one of America’s premier black songwriters, Five Guys Named Moe celebrates the African-American community while lamenting the lack of time-travel apps on most mp3 players.
Dedicated to infusing Broadway dazzle into the thriving local arts community, Mason Street Warehouse’s professional theater company leaves no lindys unhopped in its production of each play. Directed and choreographed by DJ Salisbury, the regional premiere of Five Guys Named Moe promises to overflow with more rhythm and blues than a Smurf’s beating heart.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person. Redeem on day of show. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Mason Street Warehouse box office. Must provide first and last name at checkout. Must redeem together to sit together. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.