Rap artists often borrow elements of other artists' songs in their own tracks, just like Renaissance painters used to borrow other painters' pears to complete their still lifes. Hear masterful mixes with this GrouponLive deal.
- $12 for one ticket to see Matisyahu (up to a $24.30 value)
- When: Tuesday, September 3 at 8:30 p.m.
- Where: Mojoe's
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Birth name: Matthew Miller
- Genres he musically combines: reggae, dancehall, hip-hop, and traditional Jewish themes
- His big break: 2005's Live at Stubb's
- His next big break: 2006's gold-certified Youth
- Most recent record: 2012's Spark Seeker
- Essential tracks showing Matisyahu's range: the bouncing, reggae-flavored "King Without A Crown"; the grin-inducing "Sunshine" and its anthemic refrain; the more meditative "One Day"
- Occasional side gig: appearing in movies, such as the horror film The Possession
With two stories, four bars, a massive soundboard, and 12,600 square feet of room for music to roam, the entertainment complex of Mojoes polishes sonic heirlooms and gives fans breathing room for full-lunged sing-alongs. Polished hardwood floors accentuate a cozy, couch-laden lounge area—a decided class that extends to the concert area in the form of a giant chandelier hanging overhead.
22 W Cass St.
Joliet, IL 60432