- $8 for one ticket to see the World Championship Ice Racing series (up to $19.60 value)
- When: Friday, December 5, or Saturday, December 6, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Maverik Center
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
World Championship Ice Racing
On December 5, World Championship Ice Racing kicks off its 39th annual series with two nights of on-ice motorcycle races. Each evening features 20 fast-paced heats, as motorsports pros circle the rink and try to melt the ice with their tire tracks. On this particular weekend, the races give riders a chance to earn twice as many points as a typical event, which will be crucial as they zip—or slip—toward the finals in March.
Like the color of a chameleon or the birthday of a con artist, the Maverik Center can change to suit its purposes. When the ice-hockey championships of a world sports competition came to Salt Lake City in 2002, it comfortably sat 12,000. It can shrink to a 3,700-seat arena for more intimate events such as concerts and family shows. And when cleared, the roughly 17,000 square feet of arena floor make for the perfect venue for a trade show for hundreds or a yelling contest for two.