- One ticket to see Maxwell
- When: Tuesday, July 29, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: North Charleston Performing Arts Center
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $30 for grand tier rows K–T (up to $60.30 value)
- $40 for orchestra rows F–W or grand tier rows A–J (up to $81.45 value)
- Click here to view the venue layout.
- Full name: Gerald Maxwell Rivera
- How he arrived on the music scene: fully formed, with 1996’s neo-soul masterpiece Maxwell’s Urban Hang Suite
- What he did next: put out two solid studio albums and an MTV Unplugged album that cemented his place as the true heir of Marvin Gaye
- Why you didn’t hear from him for a while after that: he sat silent for the next eight years, singing only for intimate audiences
- When that changed: in 2009 with the release of BLACKsummers’night, which rocketed to the top of the Billboard 200 and garnered him two Grammy wins
- Indicative song from that album: “Pretty Wings,” which deconstructs the unraveling of a passionate relationship