What You'll Get
- One ticket to see Maxwell
- When: Tuesday, August 12, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Long Center for the Performing Arts
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
- $33 for balcony seating (up to $66.75 value)
- $44 for side-mezzanine seating in rows D–L, center-mezzanine seating in rows J–L, side-parterre seating in rows BB–JJ, or center-parterre seating in rows GG–JJ (up to $87.75 value)
- $49 for side-mezzanine seating in rows A–C or center-mezzanine seating in rows A–E (up to $97.75 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Full name: Gerald Maxwell Rivera
- How he arrived on the music scene: fully formed, with 1996’s neo-soul masterpiece Maxwell’s Urban Hang Suite
- What he did next: put out two solid studio albums and an MTV Unplugged album that cemented his place as the true heir of Marvin Gaye
- Why you didn’t hear from him for a while after that: he sat silent for the next eight years, singing only for intimate audiences
- When that changed: in 2009 with the release of BLACKsummers’night, which rocketed to the top of the Billboard 200 and garnered him two Grammy wins
- Indicative song from that album: “Pretty Wings,” which deconstructs the unraveling of a passionate relationship
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 12, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on 8/12 for a ticket at venue will call. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at The Long Center for the Performing Arts. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects The Long Center for the Performing Arts' current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.