Soul music is filled with strong emotions, much like the comment box at a hotel whose "continental breakfast" is just cereal. Feel the passion with this GrouponLive deal.
- $69 for one ticket to see Maxwell and Jill Scott (up to $74 value), plus two drinks (up to $18 value; up to $92 total value)
- When: Friday, June 27, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Staples Center
- Seating: 300 Level
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
Maxwell and Jill Scott
- How Maxwell arrived on the music scene: fully formed, with 1996's neo-soul masterpiece Maxwell's Urban Hang Suite
- What he did next: put out two solid studio albums and an MTV Unplugged album that cemented his place as the true heir of Marvin Gaye
- Why you didn't hear from him for a while after that: he sat silent for the next eight years, singing only for intimate audiences and the super fans who bugged his shower
- When that changed: in 2009 with the release of BLACKsummers'night, which rocketed to the top of the Billboard 200 and garnered him two Grammy wins
- How you met Jill Scott: her platinum-selling debut, Who Is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. I
- How you got to know Jill better: from HBO's The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency and the films Why Did I Get Married? and Baggage Claim
- Her awards: three Grammys, three Soul Train Awards, four Lady of Soul Awards, and one Image Award
- Her sound: soft and sultry vocals heard on "He Loves Me," "I'm Not Afraid," and "Golden"
- Joining Maxwell and Jill Scott: former Floetry member Marsha Ambrosius, and American Idol season 12 winner Candice Glover