- Admission to Windsong: A Concert By Melodia Women’s Choir
- Seating: general admission
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $15 for one ticket (up to $25 value)
- $25 for two tickets (up to $50 value)
- $30 for two tickets and one CD (up to $65 value)
- Saturday, November 22, at 7:30 p.m. at Holy Apostles Church. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Sunday, November 23, at 3 p.m. at West End Collegiate Church. Doors open at 2:30 p.m.
Windsong: A Concert By Melodia Women’s Choir
- The Theme: choral pieces that evoke the fall and winter seasons
- Special Guest: acclaimed pianist Taisiya Pushkar
- Highlight: Franz Biebl’s Ave Maria, arranged especially for sopranos and altos
Melodia Women's Choir of NYC
The resurgence of women's choirs is about "reinvigorating an age-old tradition where people from all walks of life come together to sing and to explore something they love," Melodia Women's Choir of NYC founder Jennifer Clarke told Women's eNews. Still one of the freshest voices in the choir scene after a decade of performances, Melodia's ensemble takes pride in introducing audiences to compositions written specifically for the female voice by female composers. Along with Clarke, founding conductor and artistic director Cynthia Powell—who steered the nation's first gay and lesbian chorus, Stonewall Chorale, to Carnegie Hall—has led Melodia to great heights. The ensemble has appeared on TV and radio shows, and sang as guest artists at the Women's History Month Celebrations for the NYC Comptroller.