Musicals allow troubled characters to express their emotions in song, much like therapy sessions scheduled on karaoke night. Let it all out with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to Menopause the Musical
- Where: Macomb Music Theatre
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $26.99 for mezzanine seating (up to $52.75 value)
- $29.99 for main-floor seating in rows P–U (up to $57.90 value)
- $49.99 for opera-box seating (up to $100 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Friday, April 11, at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, April 12, at 2 p.m.
Menopause the Musical
Menopause the Musical has painted a vivid, rib-tickling portrait of four women confronting the troubles of middle age for audiences in hundreds of cities all over the world. The show tells the story of four strangers, meeting by chance at a department-store lingerie sale, who begin to commiserate on the travails of menopause, including hot flashes, mood swings, and spontaneously breaking out in song-and-dance routines. Parodying a suite of hits from the ’60s, ’70s, and ’80s, the musical’s jaunty tunes encourage dialogue about women’s health while eliciting copious chortles of recognition from guests.
Macomb Music Theatre
If the grandeur of the Macomb Music Theatre seems strangely familiar, it’s due to the work of architect C. Howard Crane. Having designed New York’s Radio City Music Hall and Detroit’s Orchestra Hall and Fox Theatre, Crane turned his keen eye to Macomb County in 1921 to create the area’s largest, and most attractive movie palace. Nearly a century later, the Beaux Arts architecture remains sterling, summoning audiences back to the time of vaudeville and silent films, while modern renovations have enhanced the inherently fine acoustics and lighting system. The mammoth theater sports capacity for up to 2,500 across three levels, with theatre-style seating that easily converts into a dance floor.