All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $35 for one ticket to see Merle Haggard (up to $73.80 value)
- When: Saturday, August 8, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Lawrenceburg Event Center
- Seating: risers
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Click here to view the seating chart
- Outlaw country: a term some country artists use when they throw a little rock into their sound or cut their cheek while shaving
- Real outlaw country: Merle Haggard
- 21: the birthday Merle famously celebrated in prison after trying to rob a roadhouse, despite how “Mama Tried”
- What inspired him to join San Quentin’s country band: being in the audience when Johnny Cash played there
- Then: he created his twangy Bakersfield sound, got released from prison, formed The Strangers, knocked out 38 number-one hits, earned three Grammys and a Kennedy Center Honor, and was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame
- Where his untethered Telecaster Thinline solos belong: the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Why Merle has been called “the poet of the common man”: he writes what he knows, striking a chord with anyone who’s ever been beat, broke, busted, or broken-hearted
- First number-one hit that showed Merle’s tough, yet somber side: “I’m a Lonesome Fugitive”
- Number-one hit that punched his somber side in the face: “The Fightin’ Side of Me”
- Other Merle classics you might hear live: “Silver Wings,” “Ramblin’ Fever,” and the country song to end all country songs, “I Think I’ll Just Stay Here and Drink”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 8, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on 8/8 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.