- $20 for one G-Pass for general admission standing (up to $38 value)
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- The Origin of the Name: James Shaw programmed a sound into his keyboard and named it Metric. As lead singer Emily Haines told Spin, when she saw that name in the LED screen, “it looked so electro…. It was a little cold and standoffish and we’re down with that. It works for us.”
- Their Sound: an effortless blend of indie rock and synth pop peppered with danceable hooks, subtly cynical lyrics, and the breathy soprano of Haines
- Their Debut: 2003’s Old World Underground, Where Are You Now?
- Their Breakouts: Their sophomore effort, Live It Out, earned the band their first Juno and Polaris nominations, but 2009’s Fantasies won them the Juno and earned them international recognition with hits like “Help, I’m Alive.”
- Where Else You’ve Heard Haines and Shaw: in Broken Social Scene (in which both have frequently collaborated) and Stars
- What’s New: 2015’s Pagans in Vegas, complete with hits like “The Shade” and “Fortunes”