All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Professional chefs generally know more than the average cook, including how to remove the poisonous glands from onions. Dine out with this deal.
- Admission to MetroCooking Houston
- When: Saturday, September 14, 10 a.m.–6 p.m., or Sunday, September 15, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Where: Reliant Center
- Ticket values include all fees. <p>
- $15 for a one-day Marketplace general-admission ticket valid for either day (up to a $29.25 value), including digital downloads of The Tiny Kitchen and The Bachelor’s Tiny Kitchen, and a free cupcake from The Cupcake Cowgirls (does not include access to the Celebrity Theater demonstrations)
- $35 for a one-day Theater pass for either day (up to a $70.75 value), including all demonstrations in the Celebrity Theater plus access to a cupcake demo by The Cupcake Cowgirls, digital downloads of The Tiny Kitchen and The Bachelor’s Tiny Kitchen, and a free cupcake from The Cupcake Cowgirls<p>
See the schedule of celebrity presentations.
- Chefs who will grace the festival’s celebrity stage: Sunny Anderson, Brad Turner, “Chefletes” Dan Pastorini and Earl Campbell, Martie Duncan, Debi Mazar, and Paula Deen
- Food Network Star finalist Martie Duncan will be joined onstage by: American Idol winner Taylor Hicks
- In a past life, Brad Turner was: Sergeant First Class Turner
- His nom de cooking: the Grill Sergeant
- Sunny Anderson’s TV shows include: How’d That Get on My Plate?, which follows single ingredients from farms and factories to the table
- Before she co-hosted the Cooking Channel’s Extra Virgin, Debi Mazar had pivotal roles in Goodfellas and Entourage and a stint on Dancing with the Stars
- What’s a “cheflete”?: an athlete turned chef
- Besides barbecue recipes, Dan Pastorini and Earl Campbell are known for: leading the Oakland Raiders to a Super Bowl victory and winning the Heisman Trophy, respectively
- If all the Houston chefs contributing samples to the Grand Tasting were a Major League Baseball team, they would have to: kick off players to abide by the 40-man rule
- Some of the things visitors can learn during workshops: how to bake a fluffy cupcake, how to perfectly grill a steak without a single menacing glare <p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 15, 2013. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting day of show for a ticket at venue Box Office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects The Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Gates open at event start time. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.