Thrill-seekers of all ages may interact with a dolphin, swim with seals, or submerge in deep water during the Odyssey experience
About This Deal
- Penguin Encounter: an exciting opportunity to meet and interact with an African penguin one-on-one in their environment.
- Dolphin Encounter: 30 minutes of fun interactions with friendly dolphins, including kisses, handshakes, and even some training signals.
- Seal Swim: 15–20-minute swim with friendly seals, during which humans and animals can share behaviors such as hugs, kisses, and fun training.
- Dolphin Odyssey is a 30-minute exciting deep-water experience during which participants can share all sorts of behaviors with friendly dolphins, including kisses, handshakes, rubs, feeding, training, and even a ride.
- What’s included in each option: general admission to Miami Seaquarium
- Must be 52’’ or tallet for Penguin Encounter and Dolphin Odyssey, 38’’ or taller for Seal Swim and Dolphin Encounter
- Child tickets are for ages 9 and under, adult tickets for ages 10 and over.
- Amenities: dining and snack areas; gift shops; wheelchairs and strollers available for rent
Need To Know
About Miami Seaquarium
As they observe the vibrant exhibits of aquatic life inside the Miami Seaquarium, many guests don't realize that they're also walking through a movie set. In the onsite lagoon, bottlenose dolphins swim through waters once traversed by Flipper, who filmed television episodes and films here. This aspect of the Seaquarium—along with its many conservation efforts, educational programs, and shows—underscores a united commitment to wildlife consciousness. The 38-acre tropical wonderland brims with special opportunities to explore the mysteries of the underwater world, such as:
- Eye Catcher: It's hard to pinpoint the biggest personality at Miami Seaquarium, but Lolita the killer whale—who performs daily alongside pacific white-sided dolphins—claims the title of heaviest, period.
- Permanent Mainstay: Macaws and cockatoos perch around the Tropical Wings section of the park, and endangered sea turtles find a safe haven at Tortuga passage.
- Don't Miss: Steal a smooch from a sea lion during a Seal Swim session, and make friends with African penguins at the immerse Penguin Isle exhibit.
- Hidden Gem: The Sea Trek Reef Encounter, a 20-minute underwater journey through a tropical reef spanning 300,000-gallons of water, introduces divers to sea creatures like sting rays and exotic fish.
- Savage Ancient Seas: A limited time exhibit: Discover prehistoric sea monsters. See giant dinosaurs of the deep, up close and in person. Touch fossils, and experience the ocean as it was 75 million years ago.