What You'll Get
- Miami Music Festival from Around the World
- When: Friday, October 24, through Sunday, October 26
- Where: FIU – Wertheim Performing Arts Center
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees
- Click here to view the schedule
- $15 for general admission to one concert (up to $25 value)
- $17 for preferred admission (with seating in the first five rows) to one concert (up to $35 value)
- $55 for general admission to all four concerts (up to $120 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
Miami Music Festival from Around the World
- Two Pianos & Percussion (October 24 at 8 p.m.): Four musicians dive headlong into Bartok’s Sonata for Two Pianos and Percussion, which challenges the percussionists to play seven instruments between them and the pianists to play just the one—but really, really well. This small collective will also put a new spin on Piazzolla’s avant-garde tangos.
- One Pulse – Many Beats (October 25 at 7:30 p.m.): Venus Rising, a multiethnic women’s drum and dance ensemble, celebrates diversity through an exploration of traditional music from Africa, the Caribbean, Brazil and the Middle East. Instruments include djembes, frame drums, krins, agogo bells, and the ensemble’s own feet.
- Women in Opera (October 26 at 3 p.m.): Some of the most complex characters in opera have one thing in common: two X chromosomes. Six singers join forces to bring to life some of the repertoire’s most remarkable female roles through arias, trios, and duets.
- Monster Piano Explosion (October 26 at 6 p.m.): The only things that explodes in this concert are the minds of those in the audience. More than 20 pianists take the stage to fill the Wertheim Performing Arts Center with waves of chords and harmony during duets, duels, and solos.
Miami World Music Festival
Not even a space shuttle could orbit the planet of sound that is the Miami World Music Festival. Supported by South FL Friends of Classical Music and the Miami-Dade Cultural Affairs, the annual celebration of diversity summons acclaimed artists from across the globe, culling musicians from far-reaching locales such as Russia, Spain, Africa, and Germany. The sounds of these countries range from traditional chamber music to raga, drum ensembles, and more.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 26, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting day of event for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at FIU - Wertheim Performing Arts Center. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Miami World Music Festival's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.