- One ticket to Michael Blackson and Friends
- When: Saturday, September 12, at 7 p.m. or 9 p.m.
- Where: Harold Washington Cultural Center
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- $35 for general admission (up to $55.76 value)
- $55 for VIP admission, which includes food (up to $83.39 value)
Warning: contains profanity and things that sound like profanities but aren't
With an earnest visage and his signature dashiki, Michael Blackson doesn’t immediately read as a seasoned club comic with HBO and BET credits to his name. But the second he starts talking—about women, moving to a new country, or society’s “modasuckas”—the roar of the audience makes it clear that he knows how to lob a punchline. “The African King of Comedy” started out in Philadelphia, and worked his way onto BET’s ComicView, HBO’s Def Comedy Jam, and Showtime and Harlem. When Ice Cube caught a live performance by chance, he cast Michael in the Next Friday, which helped expose the comic to an even wider audience and led to gigs on Chappelle’s Show and 30 Rock.