Concert-goers sometimes leave with a memento handed down from the stage, such as a drumstick, a set list, or a plastic baggy full of famous-person sweat. Go home happy with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to see Michael Bolton
- When: Thursday, December 5, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Macomb Music Theatre
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $35 for reserved seating on the main floor (up to a $69.35 value)
- $25 for reserved seating in the mezzanine (up to a $53.20 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
- Things that sound better when sung by Michael Bolton: soul classics, soaring adult-contemporary pop, the plot of Pirates of the Caribbean
- YouTube views of Michael Bolton dressing up as Erin Brockovich in The Lonely Island’s “Jack Sparrow” video: more than 114 million (and counting)
- What those viewers don’t know: Bolton started his career as a hard rocker touring with Ozzy Osbourne.
- Number of albums and singles sold: more than 53 million
- Dollars his charitable foundation has raised: more than 3.7 million
- Who he’s written songs for: Cher, Kiss, Barbra Streisand
- Who he’s written songs with: Bob Dylan
- Title of his recent memoir: The Soul of It All: My Music, My Life
- Motown staples that appear on his latest album: “What’s Going On,” “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough,” “Signed, Sealed, Delivered”
- Current state of his tenor/countertenor pipes: rustproof<p>
Macomb Music Theatre
If the grandeur of the Macomb Music Theatre seems strangely familiar, it’s due to the work of architect C. Howard Crane. Having designed New York’s Radio City Music Hall and Detroit’s Orchestra Hall and Fox Theatre, Crane turned his keen eye to Macomb County in 1921 to create the area’s largest, and most attractive movie palace. Nearly a century later, the Beaux Arts architecture remains sterling, summoning audiences back to the time of vaudeville and silent films, while modern renovations have enhanced the inherently fine acoustics and lighting system. The mammoth theater sports capacity for up to 2,500 across three levels, with theatre-style seating that easily converts into a dance floor.